Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You KPrs are absolutely wonderful all of your posts on my problem is just simply beyond words.
But I now have it figured out as to how I am going to do it. Tweaked a little(but then who doesn't)! But to your dismay, I am going to have to get it finished before you can see it. Sorry.
Can't wait to get them done. As for the Yarn, good old 4ply and a simple I cord.............. Wha Hoo.
I did order one of those Yarn I cord kits, that winds in stead of the spooler. But the I cord is really simple. Just, I hope quicker. I bought some $ 19.00 yarn the lady at the yarn shop said would work, but nay, didn't. By the time I got it made into a two stitch I cord, it made a scarf for a dolls neck. Naww just was to short, and not workable with out the cording. So I went back to the drawing board, and with all of your suggestion under my belt, I went to work. Yes, I am pleased with myself. Sorry if I am tooting my own horn, but my dil thinks it is great. She wants to wear it tomorrow, but it isn't done yet. Silly lady.
Well I have taken up enough of your time.
Happy KPing ladies, and thanks a bunch...
Arlene
ayjay
:lol: ;-) :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
oh yay... I'm glad this worked out.. its kinda eerie but I was just thinking about what can I do with this yarn I bought.. and I was thinking of your earlier post and thought oh I can make a I-cord scarf like that one shown..LOL and here you are... I must be a sign.. I look forward to seeing your finished scarf I hope you can take a picture and share... I am interested in how you did this.. I was thinking of 6 stitch eye cord.. with worsted weight yarn

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cdanzier--
Okay here is what I did-----
The ones that I have done, take 2 skeins of yarn.
I made a Icord out of both skeins, knitted together to make one long, long snake. Using a size 10 1/2 double pointed needles.,
I then followed the instructions here at Berroco yarn.com.
It is called Berroco Link Yarn. from Wink.
The pattern is very simple after you make your Icord snake. Used a size 50 needle for the knitting of the scarf.
Here are some pictures of the ones that I have made.
arlene
ayjay

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom