Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
Let me be sure what you’re asking, please. You want a yarn that will make a pattern as each of these do but with all three colors in one skein?
I’ll see if I can find something but I suspect you’ll have to be use the 3 colors one at a time. I’ve got several skeins that work this way, but only blues, another has browns.

·
Registered
20,175 Posts
Here are the colors, but as you can see, you need the 3 colors to duplicate the look you want.

https://www.garnstudio.com/yarn.php?show=drops-fabel&cid=17

I'm sure that would be easier than trying to locate anything similar all in one skein.

At different points in the pattern, you use 1 color and knit 2 rows, switch to 2nd color and knit 2 rows, and then switch back to color 1. This integrates the colors so that there is not a definite color change. No other way to duplicate that in my opinion.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seamer45 said:
Let me be sure what you're asking, please. You want a yarn that will make a pattern as each of these do but with all three colors in one skein?
I'll see if I can find something but I suspect you'll have to be use the 3 colors one at a time. I've got several skeins that work this way, but only blues, another has browns.
Yes that's what I'm asking.. but .. it doesn't have to be exactly as it is in the picture. Rather something similar. I like the different colors/patterns in the yarn.
So my question is..does a skein/hank of yarn exist that comes off the skein like this?
Again, I'm not asking for exactly what is in the picture, just a similar look.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts

·
Registered
20,175 Posts
hypnotized said:
Yes that's what I'm asking.. but .. it doesn't have to be exactly as it is in the picture. Rather something similar. I like the different colors/patterns in the yarn.
So my question is..does a skein/hank of yarn exist that comes off the skein like this?
Actually, the fun part of using varigated sock yarn is seeing how it develops. Regia is a fun yarn for socks.

https://www.yarn.com/products/regia-4-ply-design-line-by-arne-carlos
https://www.yarn.com/products/schachenmayr-socks-with-cable-detail-free
https://www.yarn.com/products/regia-festival-color-4-ply

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
I think you need to buy 3 one sock skeins and combine them into 2 socks. Some sock yarns are skeined and sold in o e sock amounts. You could buy three different self striping colors and make this pair.

·
Registered
38,191 Posts
hypnotized said:
I have made sox that form a multi coloured pattern from the one ball. A few years back....of course I do not remember the name. sorry.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The yarn is available at the Drops Studio - just click on the link:
MATERIALS:
DROPS FABEL from Garnstudio (belongs to yarn group A)
50-50-50 g colour 903, yellow/pink
50-50-50 g colour 910, sea mist
50-50-50 g colour 904, lavender
You will need 1 ball of each but they are self cloring - that is to say each ball makes its own design - I have used this yarn and it is wonderful for socks.

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
NanaFran said:
They look like they could be made with leftovers from other socks. I may check my yarn.....! There's always a bunch left over.
Thank you! I've been sitting here reading, thinking surely someone would suggest using 3 different leftover yarns. Especially since someone commented that the change was done in two stages, working 2 rows new yarn, 2 rows original yarn, then all second yarn. This looks like something i've been wanting-- good way to use all those partial leftover skeins.

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
Anni329 said:
The yarn is available at the Drops Studio - just click on the link:
MATERIALS:
DROPS FABEL from Garnstudio (belongs to yarn group A)
50-50-50 g colour 903, yellow/pink
50-50-50 g colour 910, sea mist
50-50-50 g colour 904, lavender
You will need 1 ball of each but they are self cloring - that is to say each ball makes its own design - I have used this yarn and it is wonderful for socks.
They are smaller 50gram balls of yarn, a adult pair of socks usually uses around 100grams for a pair....you would have a little left over to make some baby/toddler socks or a shorty pair

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom