Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My granddaughter asked me to knit this sweater for her in a pale lavender or lilac.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/plain-cardigan-8

My problem is that I am having difficulty finding something appropriate in a light color and easier care. They seem to be more common in DK weight. The pattern calls for worsted weight. Given the gauge I was wondering if this yarn would work for that pattern, and has anyone had experience with it?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
The stitch gauge of the Paintbox yarn matches that of the pattern. The row gauge differs by 2 but row gauge is usually less important. If you’re able to get some of the Paintbox to do a swatch, that would be great. If not, I would say chances are, that yarn will be a good match for the pattern.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much everyone!! I forgot I posted this, had a minor health emergency. But all is ok. This makes me feel really great about buying this yarn for the project. :D

You all are so great here.

·
Registered
23,228 Posts
maxjones said:
My granddaughter asked me to knit this sweater for her in a pale lavender or lilac.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/plain-cardigan-8

My problem is that I am having difficulty finding something appropriate in a light color and easier care. They seem to be more common in DK weight. The pattern calls for worsted weight. Given the gauge I was wondering if this yarn would work for that pattern, and has anyone had experience with it?
Are you sure she really wants such an ill fitting sweater? Most young folks prefer a better fit. That looks like she is wearing her big brother's sweater.

Your yarn choice is also considered worsted. Sometimes the terms aran and worsted are used interchangeably.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JTM said:
Are you sure she really wants such an ill fitting sweater? Most young folks prefer a better fit. That looks like she is wearing her big brother's sweater.

Your yarn choice is also considered worsted. Sometimes the terms aran and worsted are used interchangeably.
It is apparently the thing right now to have looser slouchy sorts of sweaters. I sent quite a few boy friend style patterns to her and this is the one she picked.

Thank you about the weight, I thought I was seeing that too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom