Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Scotland (Inverness & St. Andrews) in May and would love to pick up some local yarn. Does anyone know of any local producers?
Thanks

Linda

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have traveled to the UK (including Scotland) many times. As an avid knitter I always look for "wool shops"
Years ago- the UK was a knitters paradise ..... lovely, fat skeins of beautiful wool yarn and a shop in every village. Gradually, most of my favorite shops have gone out of business and the independent yarn producers are few and far between. When I expressed dismay at the much smaller (much more expensive) skeins of yarn, one of the shop owners explained, that EU regulations set the size and shape of the skeins. Many Dept stores carry some yarn but it is Patons and other major producers. Not bad but not unique. Shetland and gansey yarn and some Aran yarn can be found- but it is more a case of stumbling across it. Good luck and keep us posted if you find anything interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom