Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Since I just relocated from Las Vegas, I can probably help you with that one. There are only 2 of what I would call LYS's in Las Vegas. One is Sin City Knits, very nice store and the owner is very helpful. This is a relatively new store. The other is Gail Knits, which I never liked. I thought that the owner was rude and the store did not feel friendly if you were not in her click of ladies. Other than those two choices, there are the typical Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics which offers other things besides yarn. Wishing you a great trip!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
EllenT1246 said:
Since I just relocated from Las Vegas, I can probably help you with that one. There are only 2 of what I would call LYS's in Las Vegas. One is Sin City Knits, very nice store and the owner is very helpful. This is a relatively new store. The other is Gail Knits, which I never liked. I thought that the owner was rude and the store did not feel friendly if you were not in her click of ladies. Other than those two choices, there are the typical Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics which offers other things besides yarn. Wishing you a great trip!
Ellen I agree with you 100%, I have lived in Las Vegas for 21 years and the lack of LYS is sad. I too do not shop at Gail's I thought it was just me who got that unwelcomed feeling when I went to Gail's, what a shame because it is so close to me. I will have to try the other shop this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
KNITTEN NANA said:
Ellen I agree with you 100%, I have lived in Las Vegas for 21 years and the lack of LYS is sad. I too do not shop at Gail's I thought it was just me who got that unwelcomed feeling when I went to Gail's, what a shame because it is so close to me. I will have to try the other shop this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
What goes around comes around. When I lived in Vegas, I went to Gails once & never returned. They were rude & unfriendly. I understand, from a recent post just the other day that the store is closed. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The bad news is that Woolie Wonders is also closed. This makes me sad as Joyce, the owner is a very nice lady & I enjoyed her store very much. The only yarn store left in Vegas now is Sin City Knits. I hope they are successful.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was just in the new store in Vegas... actually Henderson....Sin City Knits... wouldn't you know just when I moved from Vegas they open a yarn store around the corner... They were so friendly and nice... be sure to stop in..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I will find Sin City Knits while my son is gambling away and check it out.

Yarn Store Owners are so foolish. They give off bad vibes and not being friendly makes the prospective knitter say, 'the heck with you all' - I will do business elsewhere!.

They then lose a customer forever.

Fisherwoman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom