Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In August, I will have a day in the Glasgow/Paisley area, before flying home.Does anyone know of yarn shops I could easily get to, on public transport, from the airport?
Also, I will be spending a few days in the area around Sunderland/Durham.Any yarn shops easliy accessible by car?

· Registered
9,790 Posts
There's not a lot easy to get to that wouldn't take up all of your day and be worth the effort. John Lewis department store in Buchanan Galleries shopping mall in the city centre is probably your best bet in the circumstances. They stock a lot of Rowan yarn and patterns as well as the some of the less expensive such as sirdar.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm familiar with the needlework section of John Lewis, in London, so would love to see what the one in Glasgow has to offer.Thanks for the info.
CaroleD53 said:
There's not a lot easy to get to that wouldn't take up all of your day and be worth the effort. John Lewis department store in Buchanan Galleries shopping mall in the city centre is probably your best bet in the circumstances. They stock a lot of Rowan yarn and patterns as well as the some of the less expensive such as sirdar.

· Registered
9,790 Posts
It is not on the scale of Oxford street. However, travelling by public transport and only having a day limits what you can do. John Lewis is in the heart of the shopping area and there are plenty of other shops and sights to fill your day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom