Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in southern california, I love to knit, unfortunately the only yarn stores that I know of are Michaels, Joann, and walmart. but the selections are minimal, I looked in the phone book, and found nothing. Can someone advise me where to get these lovely yarns that I see on this site? THANKS

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check out the "Cascade Yarn" website. They have beautiful yarns. You can order from there, I believe. You can also contact "By the Hand" in Sonora, CA. They are very helpful and will mail yarn to you.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Anywhere near Long Beach? If so there is a great yarn store called Alamitos Bay Yarn Company just at the end of Marina Drive. And, of course Webs is just a click away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you, Msellie, for the link to knitmap. I didn't know about that, and it will definitely come in handy when my daughter visits and we're travelling around. I have found some great deals for yarn on eBay. It takes some looking, but it's been worthwhile for me. I also shop for yarn at Tuesday Morning. There aren't usually too many skeins of any one yarn, so you might not find enough for a big project, but I knit and crochet scarves and cowls, so it works out for me. I've found some great novelty kinds of yarn, at great prices. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Are you near Santa Monica? I have been to a few there and each one was wonderful. I just looked up "knitting shops near Santa Monica" and up came a list with a map showing each one. Wildfibers, Jennifer Knits, Compattos are each different but nice selections and great staff. Jennifer Knits just moved to larger store that I haven't seen yet, but have visited the first location in Brentwood several times. Expensive, but they have an amazing 30% Off Everything Sale yearly that I try not to miss.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There are several yarn shops in So Ca. They have even been in magazines. On google, type in yarn shops or on yarn sites (such as plymouth, cascade, etc.) they have links to local yarn shops. I buy on line from them all the time. I live out by Barstow (if you live in so cal, you know how far out that is) and it's even a long way to Joann's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom