Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister sent me her entire yarn stash this summer (not sure why she quit knitting -- maybe she was about to get eaten by her stash :) ). Anyway, I sorted it all out and took pictures (0ver 100 different yarns !!! - some one skein or ball, others 11-12, and some mystery yarns w/o labels, and some mystery projects she had started which will need to be frogged). Put the pix on my computer. Next step, how to get them onto Ravelry for my stash collection. I think there was a discussion of this within the last week, so will have to go back and study. And these yarns don't include my own stash, which has yet to be sorted and catalogued! Anyway, I'm so proud of myself -- being a naturally disorganized person -- that I needed to brag!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
it is very rewarding, isnt it? I did the same thing to my stash a while ago. it is very helpful. i also created a spreadsheet that indicates the location of the yarn in the house, so i dont have to try to remember where it is physically located when i need it.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,439 Posts
I am envious of you organized folks! I think I need to swear off the Internet and do some organizing myself. Nah! Won't happen! Anyone want to visit Montreal and spend down-time helping me sort and organize?

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
I am envious of you organized folks! I think I need to swear off the Internet and do some organizing myself. Nah! Won't happen! Anyone want to visit Montreal and spend down-time helping me sort and organize?
Oh yes, much more fun done with another addict!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I am a disorganized organized person. Everything is a mess in my stash. I know what I have and where it is in relation to the rest of the yarns. Currently in a corner of my living room, by my sofa. Got a couple of plastic kitty litter boxes stuffed with yarn in my living room too.

My daughter was looking at it. She said, "Mom, you have a lot of yarn. What are you gonna do with it?" Told her I was gonna use it..........lol. What else is there?

·
Registered
649 Posts
A disorganized yarn or pattern stash can be a lifeline
Over the past month my cancer treatment took a rapid twist from ok to monstrous. I had to stop doing everything I had left that I was able to do secondary to chemo side effects.
I couldn't even pick up a needle for close to three weeks.

I started to organize both yarn - 3 balls at a time, into a plastic bag then I was able to start with patterns a couple at a time - it got me thru 2 weeks of nothing but Olympics and not enough energy to get up and get a drink of water.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
--

Or how about coming to Hawai'i and sorting through my inventory! Ha ha! Sorry I don't have room for a person to sleep but I have room for yarns! :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lil Kristie said:
I am a disorganized organized person. Everything is a mess in my stash. I know what I have and where it is in relation to the rest of the yarns. Currently in a corner of my living room, by my sofa. Got a couple of plastic kitty litter boxes stuffed with yarn in my living room too.

My daughter was looking at it. She said, "Mom, you have a lot of yarn. What are you gonna do with it?" Told her I was gonna use it..........lol. What else is there?
Goodness - that's the same scenario here! Parallel universe in yarn stashing! Yikes!

·
Registered
822 Posts
LaurieJanesplace said:
Over the past month my cancer treatment took a rapid twist from ok to monstrous. I had to stop doing everything I had left that I was able to do secondary to chemo side effects.

I started to organize both yarn - 3 balls at a time, into a plastic bag then I was able to start with patterns a couple at a time - it got me thru 2 weeks of nothing but Olympics and not enough energy to get up and get a drink of water.
Started praying for you as I read your post. Our Lord is still in the Miracle Business!

·
Registered
179 Posts
LaurieJanesplace said:

Praying for you - xo

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,439 Posts
retirednelda said:
I am too busy finding patterns,reading this site or finding more yarn to even think about organizing...surely I will do it one of these days :)
Uh huh. "One of these days" will be when the power's out, or the Internet is broken, or a hand is out of commission for yarn play; not before.

·
Registered
411 Posts
my sister and mom call me a perfectionist.....i say i just like everything to be 'right' .the other day I asked my sister to go in my room to get me a yarn i needed and the needles ect...my tiny bedroom is also my craft room....lol .I was able to tell her exactly where to look and get everything I had asked for....to be honestly I love knowing where each and everything is...I use the 'under the bed' shoe storage for my yarns (I do not have the amounts you gals are talking about tho....not yet) lol but their easy to use,i can see all my yarns and they stack or go side by side nicely in my tine room.
I can only wish to have stashes as you gals do someday!!I guess I get it from when I was working I had to keep my house in order as the hours at work sucked up most of the time awake so when I got home I wanted to be able to get whatever it was quickly and easily...I dont know....but love organizing others homes and things too....I enjoy it and my friends and family love the out come of it all...
they call me a perfectionist but I call myself anal...lololol
would love to take a vacation to your homes and organize them any day!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom