Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,931 Posts
Many hospitals have volunteers who knit for them, and the local senior citizens center may take some for their needle workers. Though I can not understand why any one would want to get rid of their stash. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,559 Posts
So, if you have time knit for charity. It really does make one feel good to know that someone somewhere is Very appreciative of a nice warm hat, scarf, mittens, blanket, etc. On the other hand your church or senior center would probably love to have the yarn.

kayrgee said:
Need to downsize and do not have the space. Also need to find other projects since my grandkids are young adults and don't seem to want to wear handmade items.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
you are like god i just got on this site from a friend here in the roi grand valley south texas where i donate baby quilts to hospitals here and sometimes that is all the baby goes home with is that little crochet or knitted cover i have donated so if you have any baby colors i will make good use of them thank you sharon chapman 700 n bentsen palm lot 375 mission texas 78572 phone 956 580 0830
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,559 Posts
And I take offense at your first sentence.....
Do NOT put personal info on this forum. It is open to Everyone. Psychos as well as good people. You might have just invited the ax murdered to your house.!!

ksc375 said:
you are like god i just got on this site from a friend here in the roi grand valley south texas where i donate baby quilts to hospitals here and sometimes that is all the baby goes home with is that little crochet or knitted cover i have donated so if you have any baby colors i will make good use of them thank you sharon chapman 700 n bentsen palm lot 375 mission texas 78572 phone 956 580 0830
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,738 Posts
If there are any yarn shops near you they may know of knitting groups who knit for charity. Or you could check to see if there is a local chapter of The Knitting Guild of America (TKGA)--their members may know of or belong to groups who do charity knitting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
babsbarb said:
And I take offense at your first sentence.....
Do NOT put personal info on this forum. It is open to Everyone. Psychos as well as good people. You might have just invited the ax murdered to your house.!!
While it is true that you probably shouldn't put all that info out there, I doubt that an ax murderer will target Sharon for her knitting stash....someone might target her for sales calls or something ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
babsbarb said:
And I take offense at your first sentence.....
Do NOT put personal info on this forum. It is open to Everyone. Psychos as well as good people. You might have just invited the ax murdered to your house.!!
Could you be a little kinder? I see the poster is new to the forum, probably not aware that it"s not a good idea to post personal info on the site, surely no need for such harshness.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
ksc375 said:
you are like god i just got on this site from a friend here in the roi grand valley south texas where i donate baby quilts to hospitals here and sometimes that is all the baby goes home with is that little crochet or knitted cover i have donated so if you have any baby colors i will make good use of them thank you sharon chapman 700 n bentsen palm lot 375 mission texas 78572 phone 956 580 0830
Hi Sharon, the best way to get in touch with another KP member is to use the Private Message function at tahe top of the page, rather than post your personal info on the open forum. I see you are a new member, so may not be aware of the PM - welcome to KP. Val
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
Andaia said:
While it is true that you probably shouldn't put all that info out there, I doubt that an ax murderer will target Sharon for her knitting stash....someone might target her for sales calls or something ;-)
It's important to understand the extent of identity theft these days and that the type of personal information posted here can be sold many times by those who provide others with identities to steal. So, while "ax murderer" may seem like an exaggeration, the concern that serious harm can happen when someone posts all of their information is still reasonable.

As well, thieves who break into homes don't always just walk around hoping to get lucky. A lot of times they watch a home for a while to figure out what people's routines are, how many people live there, and to try to get an idea of what might be inside. And again, you never know who is lurking here to harvest information to sell to others for that and other reasons. It's not about being paranoid or not--it's about being informed, being safe, and caring enough about one another to not take offense if someone inadvertently makes a public reply when they meant to make a private reply.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom