Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to Southern California. There are several wonderful shops in the area. There is one in Encinitas: "Common Threads" right on Encinitas boulevard and there is another shop in San Marcos (which by my vote is the very best in the world) called Yarning for You. It isn't too far from Encinitas and if you go (and you won't be disappointed if you do), tell them Carolyn Ivy sent you. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Carolyn
Thanks for the info on Yarning For You. I did not know that there was another place to shop other than Michaels & Jo Ann's in my area. Going to check it out soon. I also see that they have Knit In's. Do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
They have everything! Book club, classes (taught by really super teachers), beautiful yarns, knitpick needles, great people. Wednesday night is Knitter's Anomous (sp?), and they are open Thursday nights until 8:00 and there is usually a crazy group of ladies there until 8:00. Friday is drop in projects (I think for $12 from 10-noon). They also have knit-ins. Here is the link to their website. I know you will really love the shop (I suppose you can tell I hate it ha ha): www.yarningforyou.com. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My favorite shop is in San Marcos, CA and I drive from Santee, CA - a total of 70 miles round trip. Have done this for five years. I have tried other shops. I tried other shops and they just weren't the same. It is worth the time and mileage for me. I enjoy my knitting, I enjoy the people at my favorite shop, and the combination is more than I can pass up

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
All your time will probably be spent introducing yourself to your brand new grandson, but do take a little time to tour Encinitas. It is a lovely town. Unless Common Threads has moved, I believe it is on Pacific Coast Highway (101) south of Encinitas Blvd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom