Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a substitute for drops ice. I'm looking for a cotton blend. I believe it is a bulky yarn, but I'm not sure if it's considered a “5” or a “6”. I was hoping for a yarn I could find at Michaels’s, Joanne’s, or AC Moore.
Thanks
:-D

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Drop's Ice is a bulky, cotton/acrylic yarn. recommended needle size is 13, low yardage of 59 yds. All this info is on yarnindex.
When you go to the store look for a bulky yarn with approx. the same blend. You probably will have a better chance of finding something online from one of the stores you mentioned, the stores just don't carry everything.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I would do a search and then do some comparing before you go shopping.. I don't know about you but I get intimidated when I'm standing there reading all those lables..
I think Ravelry has substitute suggestions.. if you find some patterns using the drops ice then look and see what they suggest.. just a thought... best of luck Ronie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom