Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share these pictures to show what I have not been able to explain with words. Some yarn/thread causes problems when it coils back onto itself. Many people just hold the project in the air and let it unwind. If you have that problem unrolling the yarn like you unroll paper toweling will prevent the twist that causes the coil. I finished the entire pink flower without any kinks or twists by unrolling the thread. The blue thread I was pulling from the outside and it continually twisted so that I had to let it hang to untwist before I could continue crocheting. Same thing happens if I pull it from the inside. It is the same brand and weight of thread done with the same hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
When I crochet and it turns, I take the crochet hook, stick it into the ball like you put a pin into fabric, I catch the thread that comes out of the ball between the in and out of the hook. I hold the yarn it in the air and make sure the ball does not reach the floor, and let it twist back on itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom