Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello kp friends,????

I just got some yarn from a friend, 2 skeins of 100% Acrylic
1 3/4 oz. Net 50 GRS
Sugg needle #6 Gauge 5 st = 1" there is no pattern on sleeve

Made in France

So what can I make with this yarn, I only have 2 skeins.

Thank you for your help
????

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
nsmith said:
Hello kp friends,????

1 3/4 oz. Net 50 GRS

Made in France

Thank you for your help
????
A pair of mittens or gloves for winter. I have made 15 pairs of mittens for my daughter, her husband, her two sons and one son's girlfriend this past winter. I also made 1 pair of gloves for one son who is still in Melbourne. The pattern calls for Totem, which is 8 ply. I think that DK is the US equivalent. The pattern calls for 2 balls for the gloves and the mittens for a male and 1 ball for the mittens for a lady or smaller, but the pattern did not use the entire 100 grams. Being Aussie I do not measure by yarn by the metre or yardage but by weight. Being Acrylic the gloves or mittens can go through the washing machine, but acrylic is not as warm as wool.

I made them each 3 pairs as there were three different types of mittens shown in the knitting book; mittens that entirely covered the fingers, mittens that only had just under 2" of the fingers covered and mittens that did not cover the fingers at all and only came to the top of the palm of the hand. I asked them which type they wanted and they all replied that they wanted one pair of each type please. I am not all mittened out, thankfully summer is less than a month away.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If you use Ravelry's search engine you can put in yarn weight, yardage, and other filters to find patterns you can use. Good luck.

You can almost always make a hat and/or scarf with that much yarn. Or a baby item. Or combine it with another yarn to make something larger.

·
Registered
23,226 Posts
nsmith said:
Hello kp friends,????

1 3/4 oz. Net 50 GRS

Made in France

Thank you for your help
????
Looks like a DK weight yarn. Hats, cowls maybe even mitts would work.

·
Premium Member
81,212 Posts
nsmith said:
Hello kp friends,????

1 3/4 oz. Net 50 GRS

Made in France

Thank you for your help
????
Just found this info in a PM sent while I was finally sleeping:
nsmith said:
... Name of yarn is Fluffy. Made by Unger. ...
My guess is that it's over forty years old.
Anyway, there are a bunch of projects listed on Ravelry:
https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/unger-fluffy

Here's a search by yardage (you have 312 yds.), free, in English, worsted weight, with photo, acrylic, one colour: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=knitting&weight=worsted&fibertype=acrylic&yardage-in=150-300&availability=free&language=en&colors=1&photo=yes&sort=best&view=large_mobile

You can further filter the choices by what you want to knit, and/or the kind of fabric you wish to make.
Personally, I'd knit a simple scarf, so as to have the least possible amount of leftover yarn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom