Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been many discussions about interchangable needles . Has anyone tried the ones sold at Hobby Lobby called Yarnology knit perfect needle system. Im wongering about the connections and if the cabels are soft or stiff thanks in advance for your comments

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a set and I like them. I have noticed the connection gets loose but has not come apart. I find they are not as slick as some of my fixed circulars. The yarn tends to drag but I just got them and have only attempted a cotton dishcloth. The cables are flexible so overall I would say it was a good purchase.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you i want to do magic loop so far my fixed circulars are to stiff so was hoping this set wood be flexible enough with a 40% coupon the price would not be bad if they will work for this and stay connected

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
I haven't seen the Knitology ones yet but I did buy some other things in the line and they were OK.... It will take a lot to beat the flexibility of the Knit Picks needles though. As to the connection, just be sure to tighten as directed.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have looked at that set and decided against them. I was looking how the connected to the cable and felt like the yarn might catch so that is the reason I decided not to make that purchase.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hollyrn said:
...I find they are not as slick as some of my fixed circulars. The yarn tends to drag but I just got them...
Holly, did you wash your needles before using them? I bought a set of the Yarnology double-points at HL recently. When I took them out of the package they felt almost gummy. But I remembered reading here awhile back about washing new knitting needles, so I gave them a good washing in dish soap and warm water. They felt much better to the touch after washing, and there is no dragging on the yarn.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
We all have good things and bad things to say about needles because we all like different things about our needles. If HL needles are anything like Clover/Takumi, I personally wouldn't bother because I found the points too blunt, the cables too inflexible, the joins poor and the needles not smooth enough for pleasurable knitting. Fighting your needles means you won't be happy with your project. Save your coupon for yarn and get good quality needles. This way you can knit without going crazy fighting your project. You will be a happier knitter in the long run.

Go to your local yarn shops and test drive quality needles with various yarns. You will really feel the difference.

My needles of choice: Addis, Crystal Palace, KA, Signature. I am a needle snob.

Happy knitting.

Becca

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the comments I did get to make a few stitches with the knit picks and it was love at 1st touch I will plan to purchase a set of those plus a long cable and try to master the magic loop

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use Yarnology set for the earwarmers all the time. Sometimes the needles starts to unscrew, but it doesn't really bother me much. Whoever was wanting to do magic loop I suggest a 32 inch circular or longer. Don't use the Yarnology set for that. I hated it for magic loop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom