Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,792 Posts
Wrap each color around a "bobbin" and gradually unwind as needed for the pattern. Public Television shows demonstrated how to keep 'sane' while doing multi-color work. I know the theory...don't have to do the work.

·
Registered
541 Posts
joannmirenda said:
I am knitting with 2 different colors of yarn and they get tangled all the time. Does anyone have any ideas for keeping the yarns from twisting around each other??
I always put the background colors on my right side.....and the pattern colors on the left side. Hope this help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Also, when I tend to get tangles in my yarns is on the turn. I try to make sure to turn first to the right then the next turn to the left etc. That way the second turn undoes the twist from the first turn. Otherwise I'm just a hopeless mess like my yarns!

·
Registered
461 Posts
ggamron said:
Also, when I tend to get tangles in my yarns is on the turn. I try to make sure to turn first to the right then the next turn to the left etc. That way the second turn undoes the twist from the first turn. Otherwise I'm just a hopeless mess like my yarns!
I started to say this same thing, but my wording was more tangled than my yarns...you did a much better job explaining ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom