Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a "fortune cookie" stitch marker set. Really cute little brocade fortune cookie filled with Asian knot stitch markers...then found I could do it myself for 1/4 of the price...

I made the little olives stitch markers for my late sister. Her last name was Martini and our joke was "Olive you".

Attachments

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top photo is a set I made myself. I got the little fortune cookie coin purse at an Asian shop for $1.50 and made the knots using a clover template and some cord, then I just added some split rings. The set cost me just a little over $3.00 to make.

The "Olives" I made from Fimo clay. I also made point protectors to match...my sister got a big kick out of them. I sent them to her in a Martini glass!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
OLovethem!!
Now I must make some... about the rings to place on the needles, where do you get the right size of do you make your own?
Also, the olives... they are absolutely fantastic!
Did you create them, and if so, where did you get the oval beads?
How sweet of you to remember your late sister in this manner... while you are knitting.
Hoping to go to a baby shower... a group of us make a square each and the "leader" put the blanket together... it is beautiful. My left eye got operated on for cataracts on Tuesday... I believe I can drive. It is gorgeous today.
See ya,
May

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First I rolled the green Filmo clay into olive shapes, added a little red at each end for the pimento. I got pins with eye holes on them in the jewelry crafting department, cut them short and stuck one in each olive, then baked them. When they were cool I painted them with sealer and attached split rings to the eye holes on the pins.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great stitch markers! I've had a friend use a bracelet that kept falling of to make some for me, I'll pick them up this week and share how they turn out. keep the creative juices going!!! Connie

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You have inspired me to make some stitch markers. thank you

What would make a good amount for stitch markers, I have never used them. (I am starting to hand knit more and find I need them.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Love them....very cute!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom