Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime back I bought a pack of fifty pretty floral shaped Paua/Abalone shell buttons online. Unfortunately they are far too thin to be of any use as garment buttons, varying in thickness from .5mm to a maximum of 1mm, and approximately 1/2" width. I thought perhaps of using them as embellishments for little girls hats. What are your thoughts, what else can I do with them? Thank you!
Wood Petal Tree Jewellery Art

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had buttons exactly like that on a yucky, scratchy red wool sweater my Nana made for me. Hated the itch, loved those buttons!!! Thanks for the memory ❤. They would be great embellishments on many items. I envision an apron bib with a button flower cluster and embroidered leaves and stems.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Sometime back I bought a pack of fifty pretty floral shaped Paua/Abalone shell buttons online. Unfortunately they are far too thin to be of any use as garment buttons, varying in thickness from .5mm to a maximum of 1mm, and approximately 1/2" width. I thought perhaps of using them as embellishments for little girls hats. What are your thoughts, what else can I do with them? Thank you!
View attachment 1235396

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
View attachment 1235396
I see clouds! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top Bottom